My qualifications and key subjects
As an interpreter I work for the police and courts in the Rhine-Mine area, municipal authorities (registry, youth office, foreign office, etc.), lawyers, notaries, companies and individuals.
My professional focus for translation work is on legal texts of any kind (contracts, court documents, official documents, etc.), IT documentation (technology) and annual reviews, HR documentation and corporate questionnaires.
From 1985 until 2003 I worked part-time as a translator/interpreter; since 2003 I have worked full-time, making every effort to develop my professional skills ongoing.
These are some of the training courses I have attended in the past few years:
- “Interpreting at court”: Feb.-2006
- “Translating official documents in practice”: Nov.-2010
- “Interpreting and translating for courts and public prosecutors”: Jan.-2008
- “Terminology tools for translators”: May-2008
- “Legal language - English”: Aug.-2008
- “Learning, experiencing and understanding English civil right” (City University London): 13-15 Oct. 2010
- “Introduction to the civil procedure”: Nov.-2011
- "Real Estate Transactions in Germany – The Interpreter’s Role“: Nov.-2011
- "Translation Cultural References” (Birmingham): Nov.-2012
- “Fit for end customer. What role does project and quality management play”: Jun.-2015
- “Revising texts”: Feb.-2016
- “Introduction to proofreading”: Apr.-2017
- “Contracts: A systematic approach to translating them“: Febr.-2018
I have regularly held talks in professional events and published articles in professional magazines.
- Anglophoner Tag Bonn 2012: "WORLD WIDE WEB – FRIEND OR FOE?“
- Chartered Institute of Linguists workshop, Frankfurt, 2014: “Cross-cultural surveys”
- Chartered Institute of Linguists workshop, Frankfurt, 2016: “International survey - the art of asking the right questions properly worldwide”
- Article in "The Linguist“, 1-2015: “Translating questionnaires in cross-cultural surveys“
- Article in “MDÜ”, 1-2017: “International survey - the art of asking the right questions worldwide”